C - What is C Language
What is C Language
The C programming language is a computer programming language that was developed associated system programming for the package OS and is an imperative programming language. Or we will say that C could be a high-level structured orientated artificial language, utilized in general purpose programming, developed by Dennis Ritchie at AT&T Bell Labs, the USA between 1969 and 1973.
The artificial language, C is that the basic of all programming languages. thus it might be higher if you study C language initial. as a result of then it'll be straightforward to grasp the idea of all different languages.
Some common facts of C programming language
- In 1988, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) had formalized the C language.
- C was invented to write UNIX operating system.
- C is a successor of 'Basic Combined Programming Language' (BCPL) called B language.
- Linux OS, PHP, and MySQL are written in C.
- C has been written in assembly language.
Why we use C Programming language
Initially, C was used for developing system applications, e.g. :
- Database Systems
- Language Interpreters
- Compilers and Assemblers
- Operating Systems
- Network Drivers
- Word Processor